Elective surgery cancellations
In response to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the Victorian Government has suspended most elective surgery in both public and private facilities. Presently, only urgent and some already-scheduled priority procedures can be performed. If your procedure needs to be cancelled, your treating specialist will be in touch to advise you of this. Patients may also contact their treating specialist to find out whether their procedure is able to go ahead.
We appreciate your patience and apologise for this inconvenience.
COVID-19 testing for patients
To ensure we maintain the safety of all patients, staff, medical officers and visitors, all admitted patients undertake COVID-19 swab testing prior to or on admission to the hospital.
Mulgrave Private Hospital is currently running a pre-operative test clinic for all patients scheduled for elective surgery* at Mulgrave Private Hospital . (*applicable for any patient expected to undergo a general anaesthetic, local anaesthetic or IV sedation.)
- Mulgrave Private Hospital will contact patients scheduled for elective surgery involving a general anaesthetic, local anaesheic or IV sedation a minimum of 5 days prior to the admission date to book an appointment time at our pre-operative test clinic. Should you need to phone our test clinic please call 8791 6129.
- Entry to the pre-operative test clinic is strictly via the entrance marked in green on the map below, by pre-scheduled appointment only. No access via any other entrance will be permitted.
- FREE car parking is available in the signposted bays directly in front of the testing entrance for your convenience.
- Upon arrival please wait in your car until 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- If you live regionally and cannot present to the hospital 5 days prior to your scheduled admission, please present at a local COVID-19 test site and forward your COVID-19 test results at least 1 day prior to admission to Infection Control: 0459 988 179. Test sites: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-te...
- Following your pre-operative test, you are advised to self-isolate until your admission.
Please read the below guide for further information about the pre-operative test clinic and self-isolating before your admission.
Test Clinic Phone: 8791 6129
Pre-operative test clinic and self-isolating
Hospital visiting hours have temporarily ceased, due to the significant increase in community transmission of COVID-19.
- Mulgrave Private Hospital will not permit in-person visits to the hospital, except for special circumstances (one person only), upon authorisation from the hospital's executive management for:
- Palliative care / End of Life care
- Specialist care giver (a person who provides significant specialised care directly to a patient)
- We encourage family and friends to telephone, face time/video call, Skype or WhatsApp patients, instead of coming in to the hospital.
- Contractors are asked not to enter unless providing an essential service.
This plays a very important part in keeping our vulnerable patients and hospital staff as safe as possible.
If you have an upcoming planned admission with us, we encourage you to bring along a mobile phone, tablet or ipad so that you may stay connected with your loved ones digitally using a video application such as FaceTime, Whatsapp, Skype or Zoom.
In line with DHHS advice, any visitor that is excepted to enter the hospital is required to wear a mask as a condition of entry. While we will have masks available at reception, visitors also have the choice to bring their own mask with them, ensuring it is clean.
Click here for our mask guide
Save time by pre-screening
Save time on the day of your visit to the hospital, by completing our pre-screening questionnaire on your smart phone at screen.healthe.care/mulgrave or by scanning the QR code below:
Do not delay in seeking medical assistance
The Mulgrave Private Hospital team implores everyone to continue to seek medical help when feeling unwell for any reason, without delay. It is as important as ever that you continue with regular check-ups and any planned health screens.
Our hospital is open as is our 24/7 Emergency Department and our specialists are here ready to help you or your loved ones when you need it.
As part of the Australian Government’s private hospital viability guarantee, Mulgrave Private Hospital is part of the COVID-19 partnership agreement with the Victorian State Government, and part of the overall COVID-19 crisis management strategy.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we get through this together, and we assure you of our continued commitment to the health and safety of patients, staff and the community.