Initially developed for our workforce, we thought these 5 top tips are worth sharing to the wider community as they may be of great benefit to anybody.
TIP #1 Practice good self-care
Self-care is an important part of daily life, however during times of uncertainty and this unprecedented situation with COVID-19 the need for self-care is more important than ever.
- QUALITY SLEEP: Ensure you receive enough rest and respite
- HEALTHY DIET: Fuel your body with a nutritious and balanced diet
- STAY HYDRATED: Ensure you are drinking the recommended 2 litres a day
- MAKE TIME: for activities and hobbies you enjoy
TIP #2 Stay connected
Social distancing doesn’t mean losing contact with those you love. Stay connected with family and friends by phone, text, email, social media or video-chat.
- Call, text, or video-chat with friends and family
- Share quick and easy recipes
- Start a virtual book or movie club
- Schedule a workout together over video chat
- Join an online group or peer forum
TIP #3 Stay informed
Seek out accurate information from credible sources such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Australian Government Department of Health.
TIP #4 Maintain a healthy routine
Having a healthy routine can have a positive impact on your thoughts and feelings.
- Focus on the activities you are still able to do
- Read a book or listen to a podcast
- Try a new hobby or skill
TIP #5 Seek support
Ensure you regularly check in with your friends, family, colleagues, your manager and your peers for support.
- Activate your support network
- Acknowledge feelings of distress
- Seek professional support early if you’re having difficulties
Online resources and support: