- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Mr Krishna Bhagwat graduated medical school from the University of Mumbai, obtained his Master of General Surgery 2000 from Mumbai and later obtained full qualification in Cardiothoracic surgery at University of Pune, India in 2003.
With five years’ experience as a Consultant Cardiothoracic surgeon in India, he completed further training in Australia culminating to being awarded his Fellowship with the Royal Australian College of Surgeons in 2016.
His clinical rotations during training included Royal Melbourne Hospital (Adult), Royal Children’s Hospital (Paediatric), Alfred Hospital (Heart & Lung Transplant Surgery) along with Monash Hospital.
Mr Bhagwat’s a keen general cardiac surgeon with special interest in total arterial revascularization and minimally-invasive valve repair and replacement surgery. His areas of interest includes minimally invasive thoracic and cardiac surgery, thoracic oncology via uniportal approach.
He has multiple publications and an interest in surgical training, and is an active member of the Academy of Surgical Educators with Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. He a college-appointed Supervisor of SET (Surgical Education and Training) in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
As a consultant cardiothoracic surgeon, Mr Bhagwat remains clinically active in general adult cardiac and thoracic surgery in both public and private practice.
Mr Bhagwat’s clinical practice includes:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery including beating heart bypass (OPCAB) with total arterial revascularization.
- Minimal access valve surgery – Repair / Replacement
- Minimal access Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) closure
- Aortic surgery - Complex root replacement & Debranching of Arch
- Atrial Fibrillation ablation (MAZE) procedure, Pacing and Epicardial LV lead placements
- Video assisted minimally invasive thoracoscopic lobectomy & Segmentectomy
- Thoracoscopic mediastinal tumour excision and thymectomy
- Bullous lung disease (Lung Volume Reduction Surgery)
- Pleural Diseases including Mesothelioma
- Recurrent pneumothorax/ pleurectomy
- Chest wall deformities repair for Pectus excavatum / carinatum
- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy
- Mulgrave Private Hospital, Mulgrave
- St Vincent’s Health, Melbourne
- Northern Hospital, Epping
- Warringal Private Hospital, Heidelberg
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Melbourne
- John Fawkner Private Hospital, Coburg
- Melbourne Private Hospital, Parkville
- Knox Private Hospital, Wantirna
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – Member of the Academy of Surgical Educator.
- Cardio Thoracic Network (CTS net)- http://www.ctsnet.org/home/kabhagwat
- Member of ANZSCTS- Australian & New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons - http://www.anzscts.org/
- Indian Association of Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeons - http://www.iacts.org/
Research / Publications- https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4370-1435
- FRACS (CTS) , M.Ch (CTS) , M.S (G. Surg) , MBBS