- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery
Mr Namal Munasinghe
MBBS(Hons) MRCS(Ed) FRACS
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Namal graduated from University of Colombo in Sri Lanka and then completed his internship at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, UK.
Namal started his surgical training in Yorkshire and obtained MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Namal began and completed Plastics and Reconstructive training in Australia and has worked with many reconstructive and aesthetic surgeons at hospitals in Canberra, Melbourne and Perth, he now calls Melbourne home. He has worked in the speciality over 10 years now gaining vast experience in many aspects.
Namal currently has public appointments at Monash Health, Peninsula Health and has worked in Victorian Adult Burns Service – Alfred Hospital.
Namal is very passionate about plastic surgery and always try to achieve the best possible outcome for his patients. He always walks with the patients throughout their surgical journey beside them and every single step will be explained thoroughly. He is aware of his own limitations. Being a devoted husband, father and son, Namal understands the importance of treating patients the way you would like your family members to be treated.
Namal is able to offer following services:
- Elective Hand Surgery – Dupuytrens disease, ganglions, Basal thumb arthritis, Ganglions, Trauma, Cubital tunnel syndrome, Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand Trauma – Fractures, Tendon injuries, Nail bed injuries, nerve repair/reconstruction, ligament injuries
- Skin – Melanoma/BCC/SCC/Merkel cell carcinoma, flaps and grafts, mole removal, scar management
- Reconstructive – Breast reconstruction both microsurgical and implant based reconstruction, fat grafting
- Paediatric – Trigger Thumb/Fingers, Prominent ears, skin tags, Birth marks and Skin lesions
- Burns – Small acute burns, Delayed burns reconstruction
- Aesthetic Surgery
- MBBS (Hons) , MRCS (Ed) , FRACS