Shekib is an Australian-trained urologist. He grew up in southeast Melbourne and went to school locally. He gained entry to Monash University Medical School with two scholarships, completing his undergraduate medical degree with Honors. He spent the next four years at The Royal Melbourne Hospital for basic surgical training. During this time he completed a diploma in surgical anatomy at The University of Melbourne whilst tutoring as an anatomy demonstrator.
Shekib completed four years of advanced urological training in New South Wales before returning to Monash Health in Melbourne for a further fellowship year. He subsequently stayed on as a consultant urologist at Monash Health. He has had further training in numerous centres of excellence across Europe, the United States and Asia.
Shekib is actively involved in teaching, research and ongoing personal professional development. He is widely travelled and has lived in numerous countries. His compassionate approach and cultural awareness sees him well liked by patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Management of urological stone disease (Medical, Laser, ESWL, PCNL)
- Laparoscopy (Nephrectomy, Partial nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, Adrenal)
- Open oncological surgery (Prostate, kidney, testicular, bladder, ureter and adrenal)
- Robotic surgery
- Voiding difficulties and BPH (Medical, TURP, Laser prostate surgery and Uro-lift)
- Penile prosthesis and incontinence surgery
- MBBS (Hons) , Dip Surg ANAT , FRACS (Urol)