- Colorectal Surgery
Mr Ravish Jootun is a laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeon who specialises in laparoscopic hernia surgery, laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and laparoscopic/robotic bowel surgery. He also performs both colonoscopy and gastroscopy and is actively involved in bowel cancer screening, with an interest in bowel cancer and inflammatory bowel disease.
Ravish qualified from the University of New South Wales and undertook his general surgical training in Melbourne. He completed a 12 months fellowship in laparoscopic bowel surgery in Western Australia and was appointed as a consultant in Northern health in 2017. He then moved to the UK where he spent 18 months in a sub specialty Fellowship, the first being at Oxford University hospital where he gained valuable experience in complex laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for benign and malignant disease of the colon and rectum. He then spent an additional 6 months training in robotic surgery at Portsmouth NHS trust, one of the biggest robotic centres in Europe, hence he is able to offer safe surgery with improved cosmetic results and faster patient recovery.
Ravish has published several peer-reviewed scientific papers and presented at international conferences. He teaches and lectures on all aspects of general surgical conditions, bowel cancer management and minimally invasive surgery. He is currently the co-investigator in several studies of robotic and cancer management in the UK.
- ACPGBI - Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland
- General surgeons Australia Fellowship of
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopy surgery for groin, abdominal and incisional hernia
- Laparoscopic and robotic assisted surgery for bowel cancer (Da Vinci® robot Certified)
- Surgery for haemorrhoids, fissure and fistula
- Management of bowel cancer and inflammatory bowel disease
- Colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and upper GI endoscopy (GESA certified)
- Removal of “lumps and bumps”
Ravish is now consulting and operating at Mulgrave Private Hospital. Consultations can be made for privately insured, self-funded, TAC or Workers Compensation patients.