- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
Dr Thomas Suhardja is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at Monash Health. He attended Medicine the University of Melbourne and completed a Master of Surgery in the University of Sydney. He completed his General Surgery training at Monash Health. He was awarded the Monash Health Emerging Researcher Fellowship and Medtronic Research Grant for research into the treatment of Haemorrhoids and complex Anal Fistula. He was then successfully selected into the post-fellowship advanced training with the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia & New Zealand (CSSANZ) for two years, at the St George’s Hospital, NSW and Austin Health, Victoria focusing on Anorectal Physiology, 3D Endoanal Ultrasound, and Sacral Neuromodulation for Faecal Incontinence.
He is a Colorectal Research Supervisor at Monash University and continues to have an active role in academia including education, teaching, and quality assurance. Dr Suhardja has co-authored in an internationally collaborative textbook in Robotic Surgery textbook and has also authored in numerous reviewed publications.
Dr Suhardja provides holistic, patient-centered care for his patients. He is multilingual and speaks English, Mandarin and Malay.
Scope of Practice:
• Laparoscopic and Robotic Colorectal Surgery
• Colorectal Cancer
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease
• Diverticular disease
• Rectal Prolapse
• Faecal incontinence & Pelvic floor disorder
• Perianal abscess, fistula and anal fissure
• Pilonidal disease
• Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy – National Bowel Cancer Screening or surveillance
• 3D Endoanal Ultrasonography and Anorectal physiology
• General Surgery – Laparoscopic Hernia repairs, Appendicitis, benign soft tissue tumours
- MBBS , MS , FRACS , CSSANZ